Friday 17 May 2019

Sylvia G - Interview

Sylvia G

Clown Magazine: 

You've changed your artist name from Milow the Girl to Sylvia G, why is that? 

Sylvia G:

It did not translate into who I was anymore. I think I grew out of that name. Musically and personally. 

The transition happened when I left the label I was signed to in the United States. 

There was no more connection to my present nor my future. 

So I decided to turn the page, change to Sylvia G and follow a different road.

Response from Clown Magazine:

That makes sense to do, but you'll have to start to promote your new artist name and build a new presence. 

Clown Magazine:

Are you changing your style of music? 

Sylvia G:

I felt I had to improve and challenge myself.

Explore my potential in another musicial direction that translates who I am today. 

I was not growing musically and professionally. 

When you perform and create music it reflects what goes on in your your life,
I was unhappy professionally and it showed in my music.

Response from Clown Magazine:

So, hopefully more 'happy' songs from you in future releases. 

Clown Magazine:

What project are you working on, now? 

Sylvia G:

I am writing a novel for Young Adults. 

Response from Clown Magazine:

Well, from music to novels, at least you're doing something creative.

 Clown Magazine:

Have you got a new release?

Sylvia G:

Yes, my new album SOS, that was released on the 22nd March 2019. 

Response from Clown Magazine:

Great! Now you can promote the 'new' songs and new 'artist' name for your audience. 

Clown Magazine:

What do you have planned? 

Sylvia G:

Raising awareness of environmental issues and fighting against animal cruelty.

It must become part of daily life and the way we live.

There is no more time left.

Response from Clown Magazine:

These are noble causes, you're engaged with. 

Clown Magazine:

You are on a yacht and the mask breaks, would you continue for 800km through stormy weather or would you turn back and return to port, which is 200km, but is in shark infested waters? 

Sylvia G:

Sharks generally do not attack humans.

I would be more afraid if the sea was infested with people!

Response from Clown Magazine:

We think you could-be the shark whisperer! 

So, no fear in those shark infested waters!

Clown Magazine:

Anything else you want to talk about, say or announce to the world? 

Sylvia G:

Our planet is beautiful and majestic, but we are killing it! 

We have replaced our oceans with plastic.

More than 9 million tons of plastic end-up every year in our oceans. 
This number is expected to double in the coming years! 

We are burning our forests - rainforests, which are the 'green' lungs of our planet
and destorying what is left of wildlife.

What will it take for you to change? 

What will happen when there is nothing left on our planet. 

The only way to stop this, is to change our behaviour towards our planet and to change it now.

Not only for us, but for future generations.

Everything in this world is connected. 

Every action you take has an impact on another life in your community,
in your village, your city or on the otherside of the world.

We should all be inspired by Greta Thunberg, this young 16 year old climate activist;

"Politicians are not mature enough to tell it as it is,
we cannot solve a crisis without treating it as a crisis...
politicians have run-out of excuses while we run-out of time..." 

 "Our house is burning!"

Response from Clown Magazine:

You seem very dedicated to the environmental movement, causes and issues.

Clown Magazine:

We would like to thank Sylvia G for this interview and wish you well - in your creative and activism endeavours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment